Welcome to Paulates & Yoga Blog.
Here you will find my class schedule, helpful hints for wellness, useful links, and some of my favorite thoughts.
I hope you find this site helpful and please recommend this site to your friends and family.
~Namaste~

Monday, April 4, 2011

A matter of perspective...

That's was it really all comes down to, how are you choosing to look at life? 

We can see an event and react many different ways depending on how our mind perceives what just took place.  Ever been cut off in traffic (okay, silly question...) remember the last time you were cut off in traffic?  What where you thinking?  How did you feel?  How did you react?  Did you take it as a personal offence?  I used to think that it was some jerk who didn't know how to drive, but I realized that I too have cut people off in traffic, and I'm not a jerk and I DO know how to drive!  I realized that there are many reasons that this event happens... maybe they just found out some bad news & were trying to get to a friend in need, maybe they were distracted by the beautiful day and didn't see me, maybe they were in a hurry because they were late to pick up their small child from school, or a play date. 

There are so many reasons why it happens, the important thing is how we choose to perceive the event.  Instead of assuming they are jerks and out to ruin our day, we can show compassion to the person cutting us off.  When I started this practise of being compassionate a funny thing started to happen... it stopped bothering me when I got cut off... I still notice it, but I don't react in a negative way.  Instead I forgive them instantly and wish them a safe journey.  I have also noticed that when I cut someone off or wrong another while driving, I don't get yelled at or honked at anymore... offer compassion, receive compassion!

So the more we can practise changing our perception of those events and interactions that drive us nuts, or ruin our day, the more we can experience peace and joy!  So the next time you are in traffic (or any other situation you find negative) see if you can practise changing your perspective and see what kind of amazing things happen!

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
~ Norman Vincent Peale